Monday, March 16, 2009

Verve Tournament

Yes this tournament was even better than the last one. I was so glad to see many of my friends. Quite a few of the Clarion Club folks came. They are so much fun to be with and huge encouragements. I took sixth place in my Original Oratory Speech. Also Kristen and my duo took fifth place! This was her very first tournament!!!! My little bro JE took 2nd in Lincoln douglas debate. He amazed us all by beating our good friend Tait Deems twice. Tait recently took third in the nation!! You can just imagine our shock! Sarah took 2nd in apologetics, and third in impromptu and second in expository. I can't remember what place she was in persuasive, but she was in the top 5. Idaho, here we come!!!! I hope to see you all there. It will be a great time as it is the last qualifying tournament I will be attending before regionals. God has blessed me with a great season and I look forward to next year and debate! Patrick Butler, Arlen Olsen and many others won't let me off the hook. New chalenges. Its going to be scary, but it will be a blast as well. I will try and post pics if I have the chance. Sorry, but with four speech events I had to let mom take the pics for me. So not very many were taken. I am very tired. Signing off, Heidi

1 comment:

  1. Go Heidi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And KRISTEN TRACHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete