Thursday, April 8, 2010

Small things, huge blessings....

Going through old pictures of days long gone and seeing all the people who I have known and loved has been interesting. Its the small things, that have resulted in blessings. I was reminded of the time when I was three and I grew some potatoes(with help of course) and decided that my neighbor needed some. So we took them over to her house and she was so pleased. That night she had me stay for dinner, and we became lifelong friends. She is now 95 and we still write back and forth, since our family moved to a different town almost 13 years ago. God sends us special people who He wants us to reach out to and love. Memories of family, friends, neighbors and strangers who have crossed my path and reached out to me flood back. Now is my turn to reach out to those who God has placed in my life. Maybe its the Grandparents at the local nursing home, or the bus kids at my church. Wherever and whoever they are, they are loved by God and so I will love them as well. One verse that really sticks out to me right now is Galations 5:6b - The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Faith expressing itself through love should be what each of us strive to do. Follow the role of Christ in this. He was the perfect model of faith and love.
Looking back and remembering is wonderful, but looking forward and wondering what God is going to use me to do is even more exciting. The future is unclear, but God holds my future and in Him there is no fear of what may happen. He guides each of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Janet Gallagher4/12/10, 1:25 PM

    And 11 years in the same neighborhood! I have been going through old photos as well. Do you remember when you, J.E. and Kristina came over early in the morning and Paul and me were still asleep? We have a picture of all of us on the couch, with Paul and me in our pajamas! It's been great growing up with you, Heidi. I believe that your family has been the single greatest influence on who I am today other than my family and God.

    Your friend and sister in Christ,

    Janet Gallagher (Psalm 13:6)

    ReplyDelete