Friday, September 5, 2008

Funny paper I wrote

Hi everybody! I know this may sound weird, but I actually wrote a very short paper about algebra. Here it is:

Algebra, Algebra, Algebra! Have you ever wondered why it was created? (This is detective Heidi on the case) After conducting a long thorough study of the subject, I came to this conclusion. Algebra was created to torture the minds of helpless teenagers! Just Kidding! Algebra is a tool that you will need in your future. Without it you will not be able to solve the problems you face everyday.

What can you actually use it for? Here is an example:
One day your brother comes into the room and asks you, "If I put $5.00 into the bank, and the compound interest rate is ___. After 5 years I would have $25.00. How much is the interest rate?"
See, now you know why you need algebra. It may be hard to learn at first, but keep going. It will become easier if you persevere. After all would you really like to be teased by your brother for not being able to solve such a simple problem?


So now you know that I am not your normal kid. You must be thinking"How sad, she actually likes math."
I have a chalenge for you. Solve the problem above, and comment the answer to me!
God bless,
Heidi <><

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi!
    That's funny! I actualy like math to. It's a little bit hard, but still fun. I'm not officaly doing a math curriculum at the moment because the next level in the series is still under construction. I can't solve the math problem at the moment. I'm glad that i finally found your blog! I'm looking forward to reading what you write next!
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete